Courses offered: M.A,M.Phil,Ph.D
Nature of Course: Semester Scheme
Duration of course: 4 semesters (2 Years)
A candidate shall possess any bachelor's degree with 50% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC/ST & Cat I and 45% for OBC candidates) obtained from any recognized University.
|Designation||Professor & Chairperson, Department of Journalism & Mass Communication|
|Telephone No (Office)||08352-229010|
|Prof. Onkargouda Kakade||M.A,Ph.D||Professor & Chairperson|
Media is considered as the fourth pillar of democracy, and forms the backbone of any Developing nation. The Department strives to provide a platform for the students from rural and downtrodden sections to explore the field of Journalism and Mass Communication. The Department aims to contribute to the society through imparting a dynamic flair for writing, creative bent of mind, nose for news, adept in photo and video editing as well as innovative and professional use of the mass media.
The environment of mass media has changed. The boundary between mainstream media such as newspaper, radio, and television is diminishing rapidly. This is the era of Convergent Media. This post-graduate JMC program will prepare students to enter this new integrated media in the globalized world with a strong foothold. The program’s objective is to produce women graduates with knowledge in journalism and mass communication, preparing them to be leaders in media and communication sectors. The curriculum focuses on Mass Media concepts, theories and professional practices, in digital lab and studios. Students are provided the arena for critically analysing and comprehending issues around the world.
- A well equipped Multi Media (computer) Lab with 25 systems loaded with latest Software Programs.
- TV With DTH Facility
- LCD Projector.
- Colour Printer.
- Digital Board and Smart Board.
- Photo Copier.
- A reading room with Leading regional and national Newspapers and Magazines for study and Research work.
How this course helps the students in building their career in this corporate world.
- Prof. Onkargouda Kakade was felicitated by the former CM Shri Jagadesh Shettar, in the Kavi Pavi programme as the Best Achiever in the field of Journalism on 24-12-2012.
- The well trained students have been placing in leading Media Houses. So far more than 50% placement has been made.