About the Centre :
Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Studies Centre, Karnataka State Akkmahadevi Women’s University, Vijaypur was established in the year 2010-11 by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi during XI Plan under the scheme of “Epoch Making Social Thinkers of India”. The Centre is established to propagate, popularize and publish the ideas of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar. It encourages documentation work on the life and times of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar. Further, the Centre shall act as liaison and resource centre in order to study and understand the philosophy of Ambedkar in comtemporary scenario and to establish links between ecademicians, leaders, activitists, government officials, econtitutional experts and the students as well as groups involved in social transformation of the deprived sections of the society.
The Centre also offers P.G.Diploma and Certificate Course in Dr.Ambedkar Studies. A common credit transfer paper on Dr.B.R.Ambedkar and Women is also offered by the Centre for the benefit of P.G.Students.
Objectives of the Centre :
- To conduct research and evaluation of the life, literature and contribution of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar.
- To arrange for the publication of research papers, books source materials, journals, monographs etc, relating to the life, and works of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar.
- To arrange seminars, workshops, symposia and special lectures, endowment lectures relating to his life and works.
- To institute scholarship/fellowships and to encourage women students to undertake research on his life and works leading to Ph.D.
- Translating important works of and on Dr.B.R.Ambedkar into Kannada and other languages.
- Conducting studies on other prominent/National & International political, Social and economic thinkers and social reforms.
- To carry out such other functions as suggested by the advisory committee form time to time.
Programme Offered :
- P.G.Diploma in Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Studies.
- Planning to offer M.Phil/Ph.D programmes.
- To conducting research extension activities based on Dr.B.R.Ambedkar views.