Department of Studies in Education and Research
1. Department Name: Department of Studies in Education
2. Courses offered: B.Ed, M.Ed, M.Phil & Ph.D
1. For B.Ed 02 Year
2. For M.Ed 02 Year
3. For M.Phil 01 Year
4. For Ph.D part time 04 Years and for full time 03 Years.
For B.Ed -100 (All seats are filled by the Government) &
For M.Ed 40 (35 seats are filled by the University on merit basis and 05 seats on merit cum payment).
5. Aims and Objectives of the Education Programme
1. To help the students to know and understand the philosophical and sociological foundations of education.
2. To enable the students to develop an understanding of the contributions of various Indian schools of philosophy to the field of education.
3. To enable the students to understand the concepts and principles of educational psychology as an applied science.
4. To create an awareness among the students regarding the development of psychological thought and its application for human growth in the context of Indian culture.
5. To acquaint the students with the methods used for locating the problem areas and research.
6. To familiarize the students with different methods of conducting research.
7. To help the students to use simple statistical techniques and designs in educational research.
8. To enable the students to understand the concept of educational technology and its status in Indian context and process
9. To enable the students to understand the concepts, principles, approaches and models of educational planning.
10. To help the students to understand the concepts, principles, processes and techniques of educational management scientifically.
(1) For B.Ed women’s with bachelor Degree in Arts or Science of this University or any other university as recognized by UGC with a minimum of 50% in aggregate for GM and OBC and 45% for the candidates belonging SC/ST and Cat-1. All the students were admitted through Central Admission Cell, Bangalore.
(2) For M.Ed: candidate (GM & OBC) should have passed B.Ed degree of a recognized university with 55% of marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination (50% of marks in case of SC/ST and Cat-1)
7. Significance of the course:
1. Understanding appreciating and developing skills in respect of special approaches, learning experiences, methods and tools, etc.
2. Actuation with educational needs of special groups of pupils.
3. Initiating a sprit of experimentation towards the teaching learning process.
4. Developing sound professional attitudes, ethics and desire for continuous professional growth.
5. Developing communication skills and to make use of modern information technology.
8. Special features:
1. Secured 100% Result every year in B.Ed and M.Ed course.
2. Every year B.Ed students will get ranks to the University.
3. SC/ST students have secured Ranks at the University level.
4. The department is recognized as a Study Centre by the IGNOU for offering B.Ed through distance education.
5. Conducts teacher training in collaboration with INTEL.
6. Special care will be taken for SC/ST students.
7. Educational Technology and Internet facility were provided for students and staff.
9. Feature Programme:
The Research courses in the form of M.Phil and Ph.D Programmes are been offered by the Department of studies in education. Further, the research projects of current interest with interdisciplinary approach are being planned and will be taken up soon .