Department of Sociology
Courses Offered : M.A,M.Phil,Ph D
Nature of Course : Semester Scheme
Duration : 4 Semesters (2 Years)
Intake : 30 + 10 (Payment)
Candidate should possess B.A degree with Sociology as one of the optional subjects with 50% of marks in aggregate and also in Sociology optional. (45% in case OBC and 40% for SC/ST and Cat-I candidates). Subject obtained from any recognized university.
Excellence in teaching, learning,research and practice of sociology by exploring new vistas of research with social sensitivity.
Integrate teaching and social commitment with cutting- edge research with a special concern for the excluded in the society.
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Internet Connection
- Smart Board
- LCD Projector
- Providing opportunities to the students apart from lecturing
- Familiarizing counseling skills
- Practice of sociology by encouraging developing social sensitivity
- Reducing gender inequality in employment
- Empowering rural girls and women
- The department is undertaking research activities. The thrust area is applied research.
- Six Ph.D have been awarded, Five M.Phil’s have been awarded. Two Ph.D have been Submitted and 7 Ph.D students enrolled, M.Phil 2 students enrolled.
- The department has taken two UGC major Projects from UGC in collaboration with women’s study department focusing on sociology of gender.
- One State Government Project related to Sociology of development is completed.
- The department organized a national seminar sponsored by UGC emphasizing on inter disciplinary approach.
- Mandakini.Walikar, IIIrd semester student all India qualified in cricket, and she got university blue 5 tiems, 3 times capton of cricket tem, running state level 3 prize.
- Shweta Hallur Ist semester student Cricket Second Prize.