Department of Economics
Courses offered: M.A. , M.Phil, Ph.D, PG Diploma & Certificate Course
Nature of course: Semester Scheme
Duration: M.A- 4 Semester (2years)
To generate human resources to construct a knowledge economy to promote inclusive growth and women empowerment.
- To provide quality knowledge of Economics to the students to equip them to meet challenges and opportunities.
- To strengthen the ICT base of the students.
- To promote applied research by exposing the students to the realities at micro level.
- To generate knowledge about the regional issues through field studies and Project Work.
- To promote capacity building of the girl students for development of their personality and professional skills.
- To generate awareness about Women’s Issues and promote Women empowerment.
Two - Classrooms with smart boards and one digital board
Two - LCD Projectors
Photo – copier
Computers with Internet facility to the Research Scholars Room
How this course helps the students in building their career in this corporate world.
- 13 students passed K-SET Examination in the year 2014 and 2015.
- 04 students awarded Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
- 02 students awarded Maulana Azad National Fellowship
- 01 student awarded single girl child fellowship.
- 09 students of our department got placement at various institutes.