Department of Physics
A Candidate shall bachelor’s degree in Physics with 50% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC/ST & Cat-I and 45% for OBC Candidates ) obtained from any recognized University.
|Shweta||M.Sc, NET||Assistant Professor|
|Laxmi Murgod||M.Sc, NET||Guest Faculty|
|Jayashree Biradar||M.Sc, NET||Guest Faculty|
|Mangala Mantur||M.Sc||Guest Faculty|
|Rashmi Biradar||M.Sc||Guest Faculty|
The Karnataka State Women's University Physics Department is committed to develop lifelong learners, who are logical, analytical, creative and critical thinkers. The Department envisions itself as an advocate of effective educational practices in Physics. The quest for nature's fundamental laws is accompanied by a concerted search for relevant applications benefiting the human society.
The mission of the Department is to impart training and research in physics, through theoretical and experimental methods, the fundamental constituents of the world, and to examine the laws which govern their interactions. Top-level training in physics is integrated with the current research, having the purpose to prepare women in facing the challenges of contemporary science, technological and economic development, and also education of younger generations.
- Well-equipped laboratory (some equipments are computer-interfaced)
- 1.Condensed Matter Physics, 2. Nuclear Physics, 3. Optics 3. Electronics and 4. Computational Physics.
- Introduce New Lab: Nuclear Lab
- RESEARCH: Teachers are pursuing research in the area- Glass, Thin-film, Solid Waste Management (PhD programs will be introduced soon).
- Class Room: Digital Classroom and Seminar Room with audio and video Facilities.
- Well equipped Computer Lab Internet and Wifi facility in our department.
This course helps the students in building their career in Scientific & Technology field, Solar Projects, Automobile Company & Scientific research Centre act.