Department of Bio-Technology
The department has a vision, which we believe to be both commendable and achievable. To initiate a level of attitude in research scholars that will provide solutions to environmental, industrial, agricultural and health based problems. To graduate women who can compete, with advantage, within the relevant academic and commercial market in the world.
Our mission is to provide our students with an education that establishes a strong foundation and appreciation for understanding developments in the rapidly advancing field of biotechnology, to develop the technical and critical thinking skills necessary for success in the field, to foster ethical behavior, and to promote outreach, providing the nation with highly trained professional who are able to implement the scientific principles to the continuous improvement of the safe, quality and value biotechnological services and products. We seek to provide a responsive learning environment of creative thinking that enables all students to achieve their highest level of proficiency.
- Wet Lab with equipments like PCR, HPLC, Electrophoresis, Water Purifier, Refrigerated centrifuge Gel Dock, Incubator, Shakers, Spectrophotometer etc
- Digital Classroom with sound system.
- Sufficient number of Books in the Library.
Biotech research labs and pharma industries.
- Biotech students cleared National level talent search exam.
- 50% of the passed out students are recruited in Bio research Labs.
- Department is running Bio Diesel unit and research is in progress for efficient extraction and increasing life span of Diesel.
- Tissue Culture Lab is established.