Department of English
Courses Offerd: M.A., M.Phil, Ph.D, PGDEC,PGDET.
Nature of Course: Semester Scheme
Duration: M.A - 4 Semesters (2 Years)
Duration: PG Diploma Courses 2 Semesters (1 Year)
Intake: M.A 35+15 (Payment)
Intake: PG Diploma Courses 20
A candidate shall possess a Bachelor degree with English optional subject with 50% marks in aggregate (40%in case of SC/ST &Cat I and 45% for OBC candidates) obtained from any recognized University Candidates with any Bachelor’s Degree with at least Basic English in two years of the programme, who satisfy minimum eligibility (50% for GM, 45% for OBCs and 40% for SC/ST and Cat-I candidates) are also eligible.
|Literary Theory||Professor and Chairman|
KSWU,Extension PG Center Mandya
|Mr.Rajashekar S Mulimani||M.A.,M.Phil.,NET||Honorary Faculty|
|Miss.Amritha Moger||M.A., PGDEC., PGDET||Guest Faculty|
|Miss.Sunita M.Gumashetti||M.A.,B.Ed.,PGDCE.,SLET||Guest Faculty|
|Miss Reshma Peerzade||M.A.,MEd.,PGDCE.,MSCP||Guest Faculty|
|Miss Deepa Madiwal||M.A.,B.Ed.||Guest Faculty|
|Miss.Roopavati Koregol||M.A.,M.Phil.||Research Scholar|
|Mrs. Reshmabanu||M.A., ., M.Phil, PGDCE||Indian English Literature||Research Scholar|
|Miss. Savita.F.Nagnnavar||M.A||Research Scholar|
|Miss Masroor Jahan Inamdar||M.A., M.Phil,||Indian English Literature||Research Scholar|
|Miss Renukadevi Baad||M.A., M.Phil,||Indian English Literature||Research Scholar|
|Mrs. Roshni Suraj Vernekar||M.A||Research Scholar|
To Empower Through Quality Higher Education in English Studies
- To prepare the Women Students of our Department to become suitable for English Teaching Profession by providing quality education in English Language, Literatures in English, & Literary Criticism.
- To prepare the Women Students of our Department competent for Self Employment by training them in Communicative Skills, Soft Skills, & Personality Development.
- To prepare the Women Students of our Department fit for Leadership by giving them exposure to interdisciplinary subjects.
- A well equipped Language Lab with 25 systems loaded with latest Softer Programs.
- LCD Projector.
- A Mini Library & Reading room for the student.
- A Debate Club & Creative Galaxy.
- Orientation Programme &Special Lecture Series.
PG Diploma courses i.e. PGDEC & PGDET Provide employment opportunities to our students in the government and private educational institutions. They are useful for self employment.